Every school has a sports premium, an amount of money to spend on improving the provision and opportunities for children to engage with sports - please see the attached documentation to see how we have spent ours.
At Brunel Primary we understand that for many children PE is the best part of their week! We use our PE sessions to offer children the opportunity to try different sports. They are taught about keeping healthy and making healthy choices as well as how to participate and push yourself so that every child, regardless of their ability, is able to enjoy and make the most out of PE sessions.
The government currently provides additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
There are 5 key indicators that schools should expect to see improvement across:
• The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity - the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school.
• The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
• Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
• Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
• Increased participation in competitive sport.
We are very proud of the amount of sport and activity that is on offer at Brunel Primary and the increasing number of children who participate
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
Welcome to our website. For the latest information visit the Head's blog and newsletter under the news tab.
The Class blogs can be found under the Classes tab.
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.