Welcome to the Governors’ section of our website which aims to introduce you to the governing body at our school.
The key role of the LGB is to provide a balance of challenge and support to school leaders, understanding the strengths and areas for improvement in the school.
Our responsibilities are to:
1. Deliver the Trust and school strategy and vision, contributing to the creation of the School Development Plan and ensuring this sets priorities to deliver the strategy articulated by the Trust in the Local context
2. Support educational Improvement by ensuring that the plans put in place by Head Teacher and School Improvement specialists are leading to improved outcomes for children. This will include reviewing the impact and effectiveness of the pupil and sports premium spend, as well as reviewing progress against the School Development Plan
3. Monitor safeguarding outcomes in the school
4. Review recommendations from the Bridge specialists relating to IT and Health and Safety and highlight any concerns identified with proposed plans
5. Engage with stakeholders – examine, evaluate and feedback to parents and other stakeholders on the overall quality of the children’s experience in the school as well as identify, understand and respond to stakeholder’s views and concerns.
Meet the Governors
Tim Carson - Chair of Governors and safeguarding governor
I have been a parent governor at Brunel Primary & Nursery Academy since February 2014. I have two children at the school, now both in Key Stage 2. Both of them attended Issy Brunel's and the pre-school before starting in Reception. I have been Chair of Governors since September 2016 and wasic ve Chair for a year before that. As well as chairing meetings of the Local Governing Body, I attend meetings with Chairs of other Local Governing Bodies of schools within Bridge Schools Multi Academy Trust, and I try to get into school as often as possible to speak to staff and children. I am happy to speak to parents and carers about any issues, and you can email me at
As well as my role as Chair, I am the link governor for EYFS as well as the named governor for safeguarding and whistleblowing.
Sarah Berry - NGL
Helen Casson - Pupil Premium champion
Sam Bray - Data lead/standards
Cheryl Hill - Link Trustee
LGB Monitoring at Brunel Primary Academy
As the strategic leaders of our school, Governors have a vital role to play in ensuring every child gets the best possible education and are therefore an integral part of the monitoring schedule. Our roles and responsibilities remain strategically aligned to the skills and knowledge of individual members to ensure that the body has the ability to hold the school to account and promote continual school improvement.
The following monitoring has taken place recently:
Focus of monitoring Governor
Data challenge Sam Bray
EYFS Learning Environment Tim Carson
Pupil Conferencing Cheryl Hill and Tim Carson
Pupil Premium Helen Casson
Maths Mary Hill
Safeguarding Helen Casson
SEN Helen Casson
Pupil Premium and Maths Mary Hill
Assembly John Burden
Stakeholder questionnaire Tim Carson
View the following documents within your web browser or download to read later
We are inspired by the awe and wonder of the world.
We are bold and innovative in our approach to find new solutions to the challenges we face.
We are the best we can be.
We take responsibility for our actions in an environment of mutual respect.
We overcome all barriers to reach our potential, developing a capacity to improve further.
We are passionate about learning.
© 2020 Bridge Schools trust is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales. Registration number 7736425. It is an exempt charity.